Goldberg Design Group, Inc. (GDG) offers you superior, concierge services from beginning to end. We can begin the home design process with you as early as site selection to help you avoid the pitfalls of purchasing a lot that may not fit the house of your dreams, or that may have costly construction issues. Then, after an interview process to discern all of your dreams, ideas, requirements, and budgets, we will prepare a preliminary home design that will amaze you in its completeness and comprehensiveness. After further design development and any necessary revisions, we will continue with you through final construction drawings that are clear and accurate with the use of computer-aided design. At this juncture, you may also have GDG assist in the contractor selection and bidding process to ensure you are receiving the best value proposition for your project – a quality builder at a reasonable price, and that the bids are inclusive of all required work. Goldberg Design Group is also available for continuing services during construction in both Interior Design and Construction Observation and Consultation to help you ensure the design is wrought in its most ultimate and elegant form.
- In our Kick-off meeting we will take copious notes concerning your project. We will start with the “macro” items of your budget for the project and the overall expected size and style of the home. All members of your family (including Fido and Fluffy) will have a chance to weigh-in about what is important to them and what special spaces and needs we should incorporate into the design. Entertaining, cooking, studying and other activities will be discussed to learn how your family will use the home. We will cover, room by room, the features and amenities of that space as well as the overall feel and volume of the spaces.
- The second meeting will be Presenting the Preliminary Design. For some clients who are less sure of the process this will be simple conceptual sketches. For others we may already be at the point of delivering a computer-generated front elevation (what the home looks like from the curb-side) and each of the floor plans. No matter which path you are on, we are happy to pace our delivery method to your comfort level; and either way our clients are amazed at the level of thought and fluidity we deliver, even at the sketch stage.
- Design Development takes place after the first preliminary design. We will incorporate all of your further input and changes to the design to truly hone in on the perfect home for your family. We will add all the special details the make your home one-of-a-kind and uniqu
- Once we have perfected the design, upon your approval, we will begin the Final Construction Documents/Drawings. In this phase we will be adding all the notes, dimensions, material designations, cross-sections, construction details, electrical plans, and roof plan. Once finished, this will be the documents that will go to all the builders and their sub-contractors and suppliers for the bidding process and will ultimately serve as the “blueprint” to build the home.
- It is important to understand that not all of our competition brings all of this to fruition under one roof. In fact, many of the other delivery methods of design (see “Why Hire GDG”) do not work in this fashion and things tend to get lost in translation between the different parties working on your home design.
Now accepting commissions throughout the U.S. Call (317) 582-1430 to set up an appointment or phone interview.